Author Notes: This is a family favorite at Thanksgiving and Christmas. For an elite few, they get their own separate serving even on non-holidays.
- 2 small Pepperidge Farm seasoned dressing mix packages (not croutons)
- 1 8×8 square of cornbread (homemade or store-bought, without sugar)
- 1 – 2 sticks of butter
- 4 – 5 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth (homemade or store-bought), heated
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute celery and onion in butter with salt and pepper until slightly softened. Let cool in pan of butter.
- Break up 8×8 cornbread into large bite size pieces into a large bowl.
- Add Pepperidge Farm dressing mix to cornbread and stir to combine.
- Add celery and onion mixture and stir.
- Pour in about 1 ½ cups hot chicken broth and stir. Test moisture. Add more chicken broth as needed.
- Lightly press into a casserole dish, cook for 45 minutes.