- Filet of wild salmon
- 1 lemon
- 4 garlic cloves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large roasting pan, place a length of heavy duty foil that will fold over and seal the entire filet of salmon. Place salmon on foil in pan.
- Zest lemon and set zest aside. Squeeze juice of whole lemon over the filet. Place used lemon halves beside salmon on foil.
- Salt and pepper the salmon.
- Peel and slice garlic. Lay garlic slices over top of salmon.
- Seal the foil to enclose the salmon, keep foil pouch raised up above salmon so it allows for a pocket of steam. Place in oven and cook for 27 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle reserved lemon zest over hot fish.
- Salmon pan juices
- ¼ cup white wine
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 lemon zested
- salt & pepper to taste
- Pour pan juices into saucepan. Add ¼ cup white wine and bring to boil.
- Reduce and add butter. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Add juice of half a lemon to taste. Add zest to sauce at very end.
- Spoon over fish.